Projects An overview of current and upcoming projects where the Wild Wings Educational Trust is involved.
Our focus is on education, since a decent education is the best long term solution to the ongoing challenges of poverty and unemployment. Education is a long term process, and for this reason we also take a long term view on the projects we choose to get involved in. As the Trust grows, we will be in a position to launch more projects, or support additional existing projects with similar aims as ours. Currently, we have a number of active projects while other projects are in the development stage, and we are in the process of getting them off the ground. Our philosophy is to plan well, build slowly and ensure our contribution is sustainable.
Ilungelo Lethu is the name of a small preschool (or creche) in the heart of Thembalethu township in South Africa. The school's biggest asset is its principal, an inspiring woman called Constance. This school is also severely under-resourced and in desperate needs of funds, resources such as books and crayons, educational toys and equipment, as well as training for their teachers. This is why the Wild Wings Educational Trust has decided to step in and make a difference.Read More
There are two main ways in which you can get involved in our projects.
The first is to contribute financially. This is currently our most immediate need, as we seek to grow the capital reserves for our endowment fund, while already spending money on launching new projects to benefit children from impoverished communities in the Garden Route region. Keep in mind that we have almost no overhead costs, so 99% of all donations goes directly toward our projects. (You can read more about this on the About Us page).
We welcome all contributions, and even a small once off donation of $20 or $50 will have a lasting benefit as it contributes toward our endowment fund. But why not consider making an affordable monthly contribution, for a period of one year? At the end of the year, we will ask whether you would like to renew your monthly contribution for another year. Another option for clients of Wild Wings Safaris who are making a trip to South Africa, is to donate a percentage of your trip costs to the Wild Wings Educational Trust. Our suggestion is that you donate 2.5% of your trip costs to the Trust, which Wild Wings Safaris will match by also donating 2.5%, which means a total contribution of 5% of your trip costs will directly benefit impoverished children and their communities through the activities of the Trust.
For our bank details and how you can make a donation, please click on the Donations tab at the top of this page.
The second way in which you can get involved is practically, by volunteering your time or donating educational toys, books and other resources. If you are planning on making a trip to South Africa and will be visiting the Garden Route, and wish to be involved on a practical level, please speak to your tour consultant at Wild Wings Safaris. If you wish to send us books or other resources, you can find our postal address under the Contact Us tab at the top of this page.